Thursday, February 17, 2011

the writing on the wall

the wall this week

some are personal, some more global. this is the first one i have gone out of my way to capture. i have my fiance to thank for letting me know someone had painted this message on our small college town wall last week. it's a place to remember, to honor, to send well wishes, to vent, or sometimes just to advertise or ask for a hand in marriage :) it is, without fail, a point of interest for anyone who lives or visits here.

this particular declaration needed to be shared with all of you.
______________________________________________________________

What I thought was an end turned out to be a middle.
What I thought was a brick wall turned out to be a tunnel.
What I thought was an injustice
turned out to be a color of the sky.

Outside the youth center, between the liquor store
and the police station,
a little dogwood tree is losing its mind

overflowing with blossomfoam ...

(poem excerpt by Tony Hoagland, from "a color of the sky")

(canon 50D)

1 comment:

 

|if 2010-2011 |